The NBA Collection, 3-Book Series, Collector's Edition
The NBA Collection 3-Book Series features three legends that blazed their own path to success. They proved it can be done with dedication, hard work, and persistence.
This special series is destined to be a collector's item. The covers are designed by an award-winning illustrator based in New York City.
Each book will inspire you. Order now.
Book 1 - The Victorious Reign of Kobe Bryant
"I was a wild horse that had the potential to become Secretariat, but who was just too fucking wild." - Kobe Bryant
Anthony Price wrote the introduction to this special book. Relive his favorite Kobe/Shaq moment: The Alley-Oop versus Portland.
Kobe inspired a generation in the NBA and around the world with his success on the court and off. V is For...The Victorious Reign of Kobe Bryant is a rare interview about how he conquered the game to become one of the all-time best. Kobe accomplished much in his life that was cut short, here is a sample.
- 5× NBA champion (2000–2002, 2009, 2010)
- 2× NBA Finals MVP (2009, 2010)
- NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
- 18× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2016)
- 4× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
- 11× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2013)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (2000, 2001)
- 2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
- In 2018, Kobe Bryant won Best Animated Short Film for 'Dear Basketball,' an animated film featuring the poem he wrote to announce his retirement from basketball.
- He was the hardest worker in NBA history.
- Believe in yourself.
- Put the work in daily.
- Be prepared to pay the cost of success.
Book 2 - How Far Can Becky Hammon Go in the N.B.A.?
"If she knows what she's doing, we'll love it. I mean, listen, at the end of the day, basketball, it's not about male or female. If you know the game, you know the game." - LeBron James.
Watch Becky Hammon tell her story to Robin Roberts.
There has never been a female head coach in the league. Becky will not be denied, but she is up against incredible odds. This interview will take you inside Becky's mind as she pursues her dream to be the best coach. Becky has accomplished much in basketball:
- First woman to serve as a head coach in the NBA and the first full-time assistant coach in the NBA.
- Hammon scored 2,740 points at Colorado State, putting her at No. 31 all time in women’s basketball.
- Hammon won the Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award in 1999, given to the best college player under a specific height (6-0 for men, 5-8 for women).
- Her jersey was retired by Colorado State in 2005; she was inducted into the Colorado State Sports Hall of Fame in 2004.
- As head coach of the San Antonio's Summer League team in Las Vegas, Becky Hammon led San Antonio to a win in the final over the Phoenix Suns, becoming the first woman to do so.
- Be true to yourself.
- Learn from the best.
- Don't settle for second best.
Book 3 - Stephon Marbury Has His Own Story to Tell
"I wasn’t endorsing something I wasn’t wearing. I literally went to the store, picked up the shoes off the shelves, paid for the shoes, walked to the Garden, put the shoes on and got busy." - Stephon Marbury
Watch Stephon's top 10 plays in the NBA.
Stephon Marbury was one of the best basketball payers to come out of the ultra-competitive five boroughs of New York City. His game is timeless. Read how he left the NBA behind to find himself in China. Marbury accomplished much in his career:
- 2× NBA All-Star (2001, 2003)
- 2× All-NBA Third Team (2000, 2003)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1997)
- 3× CBA champion (2012, 2014, 2015)
- CBA Finals MVP (2015)
- CBA Foreign MVP (2013)
- 6× CBA All-Star (2010–2015, 2017)
- CBA All-Star Game MVP (2010)
- Launched a $15 basketball shoe with Steve & Barry's to help all families afford sneakers.
- He turned a low point in his life into a learning experience.
- Never stop evolving and growing.
- Leave your comfort zone.
- Learn how to get into the zone, where everything is effortless.
Each mini book is 52 pages. It's the perfect size to put in your pocket, and read on the train, bus, a doctor's appointment, lunch break, or just about anywhere you need a break from your smartphone--and the distractions of a noisy world.
Book Dimensions: Height 5.5" (139.7 mm), Width 3.5" (88.9 mm), Thickness (3 books) .375" (9.525 mm)
Proceeds support the Ucal McKenzie Breakaway Foundation. Visit UcalBreakaway.com to learn more.