- Mini Books
- Becky Hammon - Singles
Becky Hammon - Singles
Becky Hammon is determined to be an NBA head coach; she will let her knowledge and passion for the game do the talking.
Mini-Book Singles Presents: How Far Can Becky Hammon Go in the N.B.A.?
This book is destined to be a collector's item. The cover is designed by an award-winning illustrator based in New York City. This book will inspire you. Order now.
"If she knows what she's doing, we'll love it. I mean, listen, at the end of the day, basketball, it's not about male or female. If you know the game, you know the game." - LeBron James.
Watch Becky Hammon tell her story to Robin Roberts.
There has never been a female head coach in the league. Becky will not be denied, but she is up against incredible odds. This interview will take you inside Becky's mind as she pursues her dream to be the best coach. Becky has accomplished much in basketball:
- First woman to serve as a head coach in the NBA and the first full-time assistant coach in the NBA.
- Hammon scored 2,740 points at Colorado State, putting her at No. 31 all time in women’s basketball.
- Hammon won the Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award in 1999, given to the best college player under a specific height (6-0 for men, 5-8 for women).
- Her jersey was retired by Colorado State in 2005; she was inducted into the Colorado State Sports Hall of Fame in 2004.
- As head coach of the San Antonio's Summer League team in Las Vegas, Becky Hammon led San Antonio to a win in the final over the Phoenix Suns, becoming the first woman to do so.
- Be true to yourself.
- Learn from the best.
- Don't settle for second best.
- Mini Books are 52 pages, including the cover. It's the perfect size to put in your pocket, and read on the train, bus, on your lunch break, or just about anywhere you need a break from the distractions of a noisy world.
- Book Dimensions: Height 5.5" (139.7 mm), Width 3.5" (88.9 mm), Thickness (3 books) .375" (9.525 mm)
- Proceeds support the Ucal McKenzie Breakaway Foundation. Visit UcalBreakaway.com to learn more.